Happy New Year! Are you excited or hungover? A bit of both? Great! Me too.
Well, not hungover. I’m actually on the mend from a yucky cold. As I was barely able to get out of bed for the last two days, I spent the time putting together a meal plan for this upcoming week. I also took the time to update my MFP (Kassiebootoo) preferences and stats.
I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this every week, but I thought I would share with you my meal plan for this week. It’s a short week, only four business days, and I have lunch plans for Monday so I’m only prepping for Tuesday through Friday. I order my food through Click and Collect at Superstore (in Canada) so I just pick it up at the storefront, no buggy-pushing required! This saves a lot of time which I will use to prep my snacks and lunch for the rest of the week. I’m only putting my breakfast, lunch, and snacks for Tuesday as they’ll be the same every day. I’m also leaving out Saturday and Sunday, which does not mean that those days are free-for-alls; I just happen to know that I need some variety. I’ll still be tracking everything I eat over the weekend and keeping it in check.
Anyway, enough talk. Let’s get to this meal plan!
Breakfast: Breakfast Toast, Cream of Earl Grey Tea, 1% Milk (for my tea) 300 calories
AM Snack: Amooza String Cheese, Celery Sticks, and 6 Almonds 120 calories
Lunch: Spiralled Summer Roll Bowls with Hoisin Peanut Sauce 170 calories
Dinner: Eggs Pizziola and Asparagus Spears 300 calories
PM Snack: Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn and 1% Milk 250 calories
Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, and PM Snack: Same as Tuesday 840 calories
Dinner: Asian Chicken Lettuce Wrap Chopped Salad 400 calories
Dinner: Steak and Caramelized Onions with Arugula and Penne 385 calories
- So you’ll see that I’ve linked all of the dinners and my lunch to the original recipes. I got all of them from Skinny Taste, a great website with options for every diet.
- I didn’t link any recipe for Breakfast Toast because there isn’t one! These yummy toasts are Silver Hills Little Big Bread (55 calories/slice) with light cream cheese, banana slices, strawberries, and a teaspoon of chia seeds. Very easy and very customizable. You can make these sweet or savoury or both (brie cheese with apples and honey!).
- I also specified Amooza Cheese Strings because they actually taste like real cheese and are only 60 calories!
- Cream of Earl Grey is the Earl Grey tea from David’s Tea. I prefer loose leaf to bags. There is no difference, calorie-wise.
- Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn has a few different flavours. The best one for being low-calorie is the plain one with sea salt. 140 calories for four cups? I’ll take it!
- I’m still kind of sick so I don’t how quickly I’ll be back at the gym, but on days when I do have a workout, I will add a 150-200 calorie protein shake.
- Because my calories are going to be around 1200 or less every day, I’m also taking a multivitamin to ensure I’m not going short on nutrients.
What’s your favourite meal prep recipe? Do you keep it simple or do you like to experiment? Comment below!
Thanks for reading,